PLEASE NOTE! CommunityCare’s Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by CommunityCare.
Our Site Security
The Site has security measures in place to reasonably protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Firewalls are in place to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. A firewall controls traffic between the Internet and our internal network and protects your information stored within our systems from outsiders. Systems are monitored for suspicious activity to prevent any breaches in security. Any data provided by you sits behind this firewall.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. FURTHERMORE, COMMUNITYCARE DOES NOT CONTROL THE DEVICES OR COMPUTERS OR THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PII AND CANNOT, THEREFORE, PREVENT SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OF COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION WHILE IN TRANSIT TO COMMUNITYCARE. BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CARE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION WHILE IN TRANSIT, COMMUNITYCARE CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS OR TRANSMISSIONS SINCE ANY TRANSMISSION MADE OVER THE INTERNET BY ANY ORGANIZATION OR ANY INDIVIDUAL RUNS THE RISK OF INTERCEPTION.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect non-PII of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, and the date of time of each user request. We do not collect PII unless you choose to provide it. You are generally not required to submit any PII to use the Site.
In addition, we may gather technical information such as:
- Pixel tracking: A tracking pixel is a piece of code embedded on a web page of a website that collects information about a user’s engagement on that page. Tracking pixels may include a command to create cookies that can follow a user across different websites, including non-CommunityCare sites.
- Aggregated Statistics: We may collect statistics about the behavior of users on the Site. For instance, we may monitor the most popular forums on the Site. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may collect and use information in the following way:
- To optimize your web experience
- To improve customer service
- To conduct surveys, research, and analysis
- To promote events
- To establish and manage your accounts
- To operate, evaluate, and improve CommunityCare’s operations
The above list is not comprehensive and may change without notice.
How Your Information Is Shared
If you participate on the Site by writing posts or responses, or importing a blog or other content, you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose using these services can be read, collected, and used by other users of the Site. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit to the Site and any forums therein. Your contributions may be searchable on the Site and some content on the Site may be public and searchable on the Internet.
Please note: Information you have shared with others or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. In addition, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate any information about you that other Site users copied or exported out of the Site, because this information may not be in CommunityCare’s control.
Third Party Information Sharing
As a routine part of some business processes, we may share some information from the Site with third parties. We may disclose information to such affiliated third parties that perform services for us in the processing of the Site and/or the services made available thereon. While these vendors are contractually obligated to keep your information secure and private, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of third party privacy policies and safety measures.
- Legal orders. We may disclose user data if required by any applicable law or government agency to comply with a legal order. We may also disclose or use user data in order to defend or enforce our legal rights and in accordance to any applicable law.
- Corporate transfers. We may disclose, share or transfer user data in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of our assets.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information? (Data Retention)
We may retain collected user data for an indefinite period of time. We have reasonable security measures in place to help protect PII that we collect and retain. However, no system can be completely secure, and we make no guarantees as to the safety or security of any information transmitted through our services.